Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Congratulations your having a baby... BUT you have 6 months of bedrest to keep her.

April 2010 we found out we were having a baby! Both of us were so excited!! We knew I had issues with my cervix from losing my daughter Kelsey ten years prior. Incompetent Cervix it is. I had the surgery late June to sew my cervix shut. We were told we wouldn't need bedrest until September, but that failed. My surgery was a success by keeping our baby in but I was still internally dilating. I never got off the bedrest after surgery. Flat on my back only allowed to shower every other day and to go to the bathroom. We seen doctors weekly and they even didn't want me up that much. They showed my husband how to administer progesterone shots in to my back that way I didn't have to get out of bed for an appointment. By week 20 they still said we were going to lose her. With praying harder than ever and a miracle we made it all the way to 40 weeks 1 day! They had gave me multiple medications on top of another surgery and my body was literally like a limp noodle. It hurt to walk even from one room to the next. I only gained actually 27 pounds. After having my daughter working out wasn't an option until I had my strength. My muscles hadn't been used in a really long time. My weight barely seemed to come off and I was basically the Michelin Man. I had a beautiful baby girl though. I had a long ways to go. My mother was still battling Stage 3 Breast Cancer at this point. I was a bit depressed about it because I just felt helpless.

August 2011

September 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment