After the baby was born I pretty much let myself go. After worrying about her safety that whole pregnancy I spent time home with her pretty much non stop the first 8 months. In August I found a full time overnight job and I would work that all night, come home and be with the baby and sleep maybe 3-4 hours (if I was lucky). Needless to say exercise still was not a priority. So I put on 20 lbs within a year. I didn't look horrendous, but the weight creeping kept me stressed out. I was tired all the time. My mom had finally beat breast cancer and then it came back within a few months. This time they told us she was a goner. It was beyond stage 4 and she will die. I was devastated. My mom was my best friend. My world. We just went through this exhausting battle and your saying it was for nothing? Luckily Washington University had a test program they were doing with a trial drug on the patients with the worst chance of survival. During this time Mom and Dad stayed with us a few days a week. Most of the time she didn't even know who I was. So my days were at work, taking care of the family and baby, going to school for my Masters and right when I didn't think I could handle anymore..... This military gives us orders to Move to Hawaii in 3 months. Give me a freaking break!! It couldn't of been worse timing.



No comments:
Post a Comment